Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

IFP for iPad airpot info selection Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

1/11/2017
During my flight yesterday I tried to pull up the approach plate for my destination airport by taping the balloon on the map as I have done in the past. Nothing happens anymore. I was able to obtain the plate via airports tab and keying in the airport. Has there been an update that I missed the notification or am I just confused? Still works on the IFP.com the same old way.
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

1/11/2017
Thanks for your post! We've had sporadic reports of users encountering an issue after upgrading to iOS 10 where icons on the map in iFlightPlanner for iPad don't always respond to a tap. We are investigating the issue and, as always, will do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of it!

Please let us know if the issue persists. In some cases, it has appeared to be temporary.

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

1/11/2017
John, it is still happening today. I also noticed that, in the past, when you had the "Planner" or the "NavLog" selected it had a white highlighted background around each tab. Now it is just bolding the words with the blue background not changing.
Not sure if this helps.
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

1/11/2017
Thanks for the update, Dave! We'll review both items immediately and report back to you.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

1/11/2017
Also just noticed I cannot select an aircraft in the W & B tab. When I press on the select aircraft bar (upper left) my 4 profiles drop down but none can be selected.
Dave
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

1/13/2017
John, the W&B function came back but I still cannot tap the balloon to access the airport info. Another thing that was just noted. I cannot tap a waypoint to bring up the dialog box to delete it. I must go into the planner and delete it from that page. bit cumbersome while flying. BTW, this is not intermittent. it no longer functions.
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

1/13/2017
Thanks for the update! We're glad to hear the W&B issue was temporary, as we haven't seen any other reports of that.

On the airport/waypoint tap issue, it definitely appears to be related to iOS 10 and how it recognized taps on the map. We have some more investigation to do to identify the best path forward as it was a change by Apple that broke existing functionality. Please accept our apologies for the issue!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

1/13/2017
No problem John. Not the first or last time an Apple update will break something on some app somewhere. I know from past experience you guys respond and "get er done". Your support has always been awesome for this great product.
Dave.
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

1/13/2017
Thanks for the kind words, Dave! Great customer support has been a core principle for us since day one and we'll always do whatever it takes to get to the bottom of any technical issues.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/6/2017
Dave,

Just to keep you updated, we're making good progress on resolving these issues. We expect to have more information on a full resolution very soon!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

2/6/2017
Thanks for the update John. Just got back from a trip and was going to ping you on the status. You beat me to it.
Dave
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

2/13/2017
Just got a notice from Apple to install update IOS 10,2,1. Is it safe to install given the other item your working?
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/13/2017
If you're already on iOS 10.2, we don't believe upgrading to 10.2.1 is going to change much. It's up to you if you want to wait a bit longer.

We are nearly complete with the updates required to fix the issue and will be releasing a copy of the new version to our beta test group this week. We don't anticipate any major issues and will be submitting an updated version of iFlightPlanner for iPad to Apple by next week at the latest.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

2/24/2017
John, issue today was doing IFR approach practice. Had a plate pulled up and all was good. Performed the approach and headed to next airport. Tried to pull up the plate for airport #2 and could not get rid of plate for airport # 1. The normal black bar at the top containing the X in top right corner as well as the "Map it" selector was missing. Only thing appearing was stop watch , plate, black nav bar at the bottom. I tried cycling between the options on bottom black bar to no avail. Fortunately I had a backup paper copy of the plate I needed. This would have been really bad if actually needed it in real XC flight.. This is third time in week this has happened. I had my hands full so forgot to take a screen shot but think you get the picture. It eventually gave me the top bar back, about 10 minutes later. An eternity in IMC. Help. Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/24/2017
Dave,

The black bar at the top of the plate view can be shown/hidden by a single tap on the plate PDF. This is by design to reduce clutter and create more visible area when viewing a document, consistent with how Apple displays PDFs and other files in their interfaces and apps.

Please let me know if you can't reproduce the behavior of showing/hiding the top bar by a single tap on the PDF.

However, should you ever find yourself in a spot where iFlightPlanner for iPad (or any app on your iPad) doesn't appear to be behaving correctly, you can double tap the home button on the iPad, then swipe the app up to fully close it. Then tap the app icon to restart it. As developers we strive to squash all bugs that would require this trick, but it's a handy trick to have in your iPad "toolbox" nonetheless!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

3/7/2017
John getting any c;loser to releasing a fix on the IOS update issue resolution?
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

3/7/2017
Dave,

We are very close to releasing the updated version. We are hoping Apple will grant an expedited review to make it available as soon as possible. There are a number of new features in the updated version as well, including support for ten ADS-B receivers from six different manufacturers.

Thanks for your patience as we worked through this!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link