Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

iFlightPlanner

Forum

HomeFeature Requests

Let us know what feature additions and improvements would make iFlightPlanner a better resource for you!

Chart annotations Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

10/10/2017
Been reading some of the other apps are offering the ability to make annotations on charts using a pencil and highlighter function. Any plans to offer similar capabilities on IFP for iPad?

Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

10/10/2017
Hi Dave,

We’ve had a few requests for this feature at different times. It’s not definitively in our roadmap, but as always, the more requests we receive for a feature, the quicker it moves up our priority list.

Do you have any specific thoughts on exactly how the feature would work? For example, how many different colors would you like? Should notes be permanently saved with a plate or only displayed while the plate is still open?

Thanks!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

10/10/2017
Thinking on how I annotate paper charts three colors would probably work. Would need an eraser feature as part of the capability. I would suggest you need to have the annotated items remain on the chart until you entered an "erase all" on each chart or when the next cycle is downloaded which ever is first. This would be for both approach and taxiway charts

Here is a link to the article I was referencing on capabilities of three flight planners.

https://ipadpilotnews.com/2017/10/using-chart-annotations-favorite-aviation-app-2/

Attached is an example of how the annotation is used.

Dave

--
Dave

+2 link
redglass98
redglass98

5/31/2019
Any further thought on including Chart annotations in the product?

Dave

--
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

6/3/2019
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we don't have any updates on this feature at this time. It's certainly on our long term list of features to add!

John

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link