Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

iFlightPlanner

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Problem with creating a new flight plan Messages in this topic - RSS

dlgreer
dlgreer

8/19/2018
For the last couple of days I have noticed that when I try and set up a new flight, as soon as I enter the airports, selecting the type of airway, I get a error message "An empty response was received from flight service. Please try your request again. Our technology team has been notified and will begin investigating immediately."

Help please.

Dan
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/19/2018
Hi Dan,

Thanks for your post. We always want to know about any technical issues our members are experiencing.

We haven’t posted any website updates in the last couple weeks so it’s strange this behavior would begin unexpectedly.

Would you be able to send us a screenshot or picture of the error message? That would help greatly in diagnosing the issue. If you aren’t able to do so, can you share the departure, destination, and routing type? We’ll try to reproduce the issue on our end!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
dlgreer
dlgreer

8/19/2018
Here is a link to the screenshot you requested.

http://prntscr.com/kkloy3

-Dan
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/19/2018
Thanks for sharing that, Dan! It helps a lot. We will investigate first thing tomorrow and get to the bottom of the issue.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/20/2018
Dan,

We're having a hard time reproducing this issue on our end. The error message would generally indicate a momentary communication issue with flight service, but if you're seeing it happen over multiple days that seems to indicate it is something greater.

A couple questions:

1) Can you share the exact sequence of inputs you are adding (i.e. stored route aircraft selection, departure, destination, routing type, and any other inputs or buttons you may click)?

2) Even when the message shows up, are you able to click "Plan Flight" and receive a nav log and see the route on the map?

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
dlgreer
dlgreer

8/20/2018
John,

I go to the page https://www.iflightplanner.com/My/Flights/Wizard/ I enter the flight name as really anything but I just did it 5 mins ago and got the same problem. Flight Name - dlg-01 Aircraft - N101UD - Challenger 300 Cruise - 465 Fromt - KTYQ To - KIND Routing - Low Altitude Airway Auto Routing Altitude - 6500 That is it, I click Plan Flight then I get the error message. I never get the nav log or the flight on the map.

-Dan
edited by dlgreer on 8/20/2018
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/20/2018
Thanks, Dan. We can work to reproduce this now. From your original message we thought the message was appearing before you clicked "Plan Flight" and we were having a hard time figuring out how that could happen! Makes much more sense that it's happening after the click.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
dlgreer
dlgreer

8/20/2018
John,

Just to make sure that there wasnt something on my side like my network connection, I connected to my wifi mobile hotspot from both ATT and MetroPCS and both still produce the same result no flight plan and the error message I sent.

-Dan
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/22/2018
Thanks for your additional help via e-mail. Glad we got it resolved!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link