Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Show TFRs on iPad Messages in this topic - RSS

lukvacek
lukvacek

11/13/2015
Is it possible to display TFRs on the iPad app? I can see them online but can't figure out how to enable this feature in the iPad app itself. Thanks!
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

11/13/2015
Thanks for your post! TFRs should always appear as shapes with a red outline on the map view in iFlightPlanner for iPad. In fact, we purposely didn't provide a setting to turn these off. If you zoom out to the full US and don't see them, please let us know and we can investigate further!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
lukvacek
lukvacek

11/13/2015
Hi John! I can't see them on the app when I completely zoom out.
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

11/16/2015
We have investigate this further I just sent you an e-mail with additional details on how to correct the issue. Please let us know if you have any further trouble!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

11/28/2015
Hey John, I am seeing (actually not seeing) the same issue both on IFP for the iPad and IFP.com. See screenshots. one from IFP.com and the other from Skyvector over Atlanta

Dave B
edited by redglass98 on 11/29/2015

--
Dave

Attachments:
SVTFR.PNG
IFPTFR.PNG
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

11/30/2015
Hi Dave,

I have investigated and these appear to be separate issues. The original poster's issue had to do without no TFRs being displayed anywhere on the map.

In your case, can you confirm that you're seeing other TFRs on the map, just not this one over Atlanta? In addition, I don't see that TFR on SkyVector anymore, so it must have expired. Our TFR data comes directly from the official FAA NOTAM data feed.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

12/2/2015
John you are correct. I can see other TFR's nationally. The anomaly depicted in the images I sent was a TFR over the stadium in Atlanta for a football game and it expired Sunday. I will keep my eye out if it happens again and ping you with as much notice as possible.

Thanks for checking.

--
Dave
0 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

12/2/2015
Hi Dave,

Stadium TFRs are not included in the FAA's NOTAM feed, so that is likely the reason why the TFR in question was not appearing on iFlightPlanner. NOTAM 4/3621 is an all-encompassing notice for "ANY STADIUM HAVING A SEATING CAPACITY OF 30,000 OR MORE PEOPLE WHERE EITHER A REGULAR OR POST SEASON MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE, OR NCAA DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL GAME IS OCCURRING. THIS NOTAM ALSO APPLIES TO NASCAR SPRINT CUP, INDY CAR, AND CHAMP SERIES RACES EXCLUDING QUALIFYING AND PRE-RACE EVENTS."

We have done some investigation on sporting event schedule data feeds and the possibility of creating Stadium TFRs from that. Thanks again for the insight, we'll surely keep you posted!

Best,
Andy

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
0 link
kspreuer
kspreuer

6/24/2016
I see TRF's on my FP.com screen but can't find any altitude information so I could possibly overfly if low enough. Is that available on this site?
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

6/24/2016
Thanks for your post! To view TFR details, simply tap or click anywhere within the TFR, then tap or click "Airspace" in the pop up menu. Once you do so, all known airspace, including TFRs, AIR/SIGMETs, class and special use airspace, vertically above the lat/lon will be shown on the right side of the map. TFR details will be listed at the top.

Please let us know if we can help further!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link