Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeFeature Requests

Let us know what feature additions and improvements would make iFlightPlanner a better resource for you!

Integration with LHM Messages in this topic - RSS

mcgavran
mcgavran

2/26/2016
Is it possible to integrate directly with Lockheed Martin? I don't know how the underlying "engines" work. DUATS and LHM may be competitors and it may not be possible to integrate with LHM if you use DUATS.
-1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/29/2016
Thanks for your post! It is possible for us to integrate with Lockheed Martin's services. Their team was very helpful in providing information and we put some significant time into investigating this opportunity last year.

At that time, we concluded that, give or take a few features, the capabilities offered were very similar to CSC DUATS, which we have been integrated with since our launch in 2010. As always, we prioritize our development based on the most popular feature requests we are receiving from our members and the aviation community. Without many requests from our members for Lockheed integration, we chose to focus on new or enhanced features, rather than duplicating existing features.

However, we are always interested in your input. Are there features Lockheed Martin is promoting that would be of interest to you? If so, feel free to share them here. Thanks!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
mcgavran
mcgavran

2/29/2016
The big feature is SE-SAR. I understand from LHM that, if my LHM profile has SE-SAR enabled, I can request it if I activate my flight plan by phone or radio. However, if I file through LHM or one of the integrated flight planners, SE-SAR is automatic when the plan is activated. So it is no big deal; just a thought.
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/29/2016
Thanks for the additional info! We have always tried to automate tasks whenever possible as pilots already have enough details to focus on. I have noted your request and you'll be one of the first to know if we proceed with a Lockheed integration.

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link