Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Rubberbanding not working Messages in this topic - RSS

leetown1
leetown1

7/6/2016
When I plan any other flight than a direct route, the rubberbanding works, but when I update the nav log, it snaps right back to direct. This makes flight planning impossible. It happens on both my Windows 10 laptop, as well as my iPad app. Is this a known issue, and if so, what is the fix?
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

7/6/2016
Thanks for your post! We aren't aware of a known issue with rubberbanding and aren't currently able to reproduce it as described.

Can you provide any further detail about the route you are attempting to plan, including departure and destination, as well as the the specific sequence of steps that is leading to the result described? We'll investigate immediately!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

7/8/2016
As a follow up to our e-mail conversation, I wanted to quickly post the notes here in case anyone else encounters the issue:

When an airport with an identifier that matches the format of airways (W42, L35, etc.) is used as a waypoint, the underlying flight planning engine we use via CSC DUATS will attempt to interpret the waypoint as an airway. When no airway is found, the waypoint is skipped, resulting in the sense that direct routing was used.

There are two simple workarounds:

a) When you rubberband to the airport you are trying to use as a waypoint (e.g. W42), elect to leave it as a lat/lon point rather than selecting the airport identifier as the waypoint.

b) If you'll be using that waypoint regularly, click "Save As" at the top left of the menu after rubberbanding to save the lat/lon a custom waypoint, which may be easily reused in future flight planning.

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link