Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Flight Plan issues Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

2/21/2017
Today trying to file an IFR flight plan in iPad for IFP some anomalies. At the top left next to prior to filing flt plan it listed Feb 17 not today's date even thought in planner tab showed today's date. Then it would not allow me to scroll down far enough to depress button to file anyway. So I created a completely new flight but the same date issue happened again but it allowed me for scroll down and file. Was able to open the flight plan in the air no issue.
Just a few minutes ago created new flight for Thursday and for grins went over to the file tab and date shows today at 10:19 am not Thursday as is listed in planner tab. Also at the top it shows "Filed" but I have not even gone through Wx or WB actions and I have not filed this one. Image attached.

--
Dave
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

2/21/2017
Sorry depressed CR and it sent message instead of new lining down. Attached here. Also releasing fix soon for the IOS update issue from other post? Dave.

--
Dave

0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/21/2017
Thanks for your post! The date in the Planner console is the departure date of the flight. The date next to "Flight Plan File Date" is the date and time the plan was filed with the FAA (FSS or ATC). So these dates will always be different. For example, your flight may be at 4pm today (which would be shown in the Planner tab) but you filed the plan at 3:15pm (which would be shown on the File view).

As for the scrolling down issue, this sounds consistent with a few of the interface anomalies we have seen with iOS 10.2. Typically, you can switch to a different flight view (Map, Wx Brief, etc), then switch back to the File view. Or tap "< Flights" at the top left, then reopen the flight as a workaround. Changing the Flight Plan Type, then changing it back to IFR - ICAO would also force the app to recalculate the length of the view and allow you to scroll all the way down.

On the other iOS 10.2 fixes, yes, we are very close to sending the new version. Feedback from testing has been positive and we're just making a few final enhancements. Thanks for your patience!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
redglass98
redglass98

2/21/2017
John thanks for the quick reply.. Maybe I was a bit unclear. My flight TODAY was NOT FILED when I saw the "Flight Plan File Date" listing Feb 17th. Should it have been blank or at least near the current time and DAY? Also on the image I sent... next to "FLIGHT PLAN STATUS" it lists FILED and should say NOT FILED.

--
Dave
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

2/21/2017
Apologies for misunderstanding. We will review the issues you mentioned as part of our final testing in the new version. In the interim, should you see the issue again, tap "< Flights" at the upper left, then tap on the correct flight to reload the flight data into the File view. Please let us know if that doesn't present the correct information for the selected flight!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link