Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeFeature Requests

Let us know what feature additions and improvements would make iFlightPlanner a better resource for you!

Stopwatch on approach procedures Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

6/12/2017
I noticed when I "Map It" for approach procedures for Geo-referenced view the stop watch goes away. Is there a way to have it available after I have put the procedure in Geo-reference mode?

Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

6/12/2017
Hi Dave, yes, you can... Outside of the plate viewer the timer will be found in the list of instruments at the bottom of the Map view within the flights tab. If you don't see the instrument panel, it can be turned on using the Map Layers menu. The timing will match what you started before using the Map It command.

Let us know you found it!

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

6/15/2017
Sorry Andy, was away for a few days. I do not see the stopwatch in the instrument list on the map (Flights tab) page. I see 4 boxes "Course", "Altitude", "Groundspeed", and"Distance to next",
Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

6/15/2017
Hi Dave,

Each of the instruments can be changed to an instrument of your choice. Simply tap on any of the boxes and a menu will come up with all the available instruments. Tap on a different instrument to change. Your new selections will be saved in your profile!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

6/15/2017
Thanks John. Was not aware you could change the function. However as a stopwatch it is not usable as the large dialog box covers part of the approach plate. Would love to have the same functionality as the one on the Airports tab. Having it movable is really helpful.
Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

6/15/2017
There are many great features in the software that can be a bit "hidden," which is why we always invite members to tap/click around and ask any questions. We're always trying to balance interface clutter with making as many great features as readily available as possible.

On the stopwatch, once you select the Timer instrument (by selecting it in the "Select Instrument" list), you can tap anywhere else on the screen to hide the popup menu. However, I assume you're referring to keeping it open to have access to the "Start/Stop" and "Reset" buttons in the popup menu. Is that correct?

As another option, you can put the Map view into split view mode using the "View Settings" menu available from the third icon in from the top right of the Map view. Once you open that menu, select "Documents" for the Bottom View or Right View (depending on the current portrait/landscape orientation of your iPad) to create the split screen. From there, the floating timer will be available in the Documents view.

Let us know if that workaround is an option or if simply putting the floating timer that is available in the Documents view into the Map view would be the best!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

6/15/2017
One other note as well: as long as your GPS is on, the plate in the Documents view will show your current position as well, if your position is within the general plate area. The "Map It" feature simply overlays the plate onto the map.

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

6/15/2017
Thanks John, that sounds like it will work. Thanks for the clarification as I did not realize the geo- reference was accurate in the Docs view.. However it would be great if you could also make the floating stopwatch accessible on the Maps view. That solves a hold at a non standard fix.
Your customer support is awesome.
Dave

--
Dave
+1 link