Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

XGPS170D support Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

7/21/2017
Does IFP support the new Dual XGPS170D for both frequencies (978 MHz and 1090 MHz) concurrently?

Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

7/21/2017
Hi Dave,

We have a demo 170D coming from Dual, but we have no reason to believe it won't be 100% compatible with iFlightPlanner.

We'll follow up here and confirm as soon as we receive the device and run it through our tests!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

7/24/2017
John, assume IFP already supports DUAL XGPS-190?
Dave.

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

7/24/2017
Hi Dave,

Yes, the DUAL XGPS 190 is fully supported!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
redglass98
redglass98

9/3/2017
John, my new 170D partially works with IFP iPad. Some traffic appears correctly like with the older 170 but now I see a lot of square orange boxes that normally meant on the ground but they are moving way too fast and not in areas of an airport. I am guessing they may be from the higher frequency (1090) and not processing the data correctly.

Dave

--
Dave
-1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

9/4/2017
Dave,

Good timing! We received the 170D test device from Dual and had noticed that some of the 1090 traffic is showing up as "on ground" orange boxes even though they're actually in flight. I expect we'll have a resolution on this in the coming week and will post an updated version to the App Store!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

9/18/2017
Dave,

The latest version of iFlightPlanner for iPad (v3.2) is now available in the App Store. This version resolves the issues with traffic display from the 170D. Please let us know if everything looks good on your end!

--
John Burnside
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link