Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeFeature Requests

Let us know what feature additions and improvements would make iFlightPlanner a better resource for you!

Backup iPad Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

8/10/2017
Was having a discussion with a CFI and he mentioned he carried a second iPad mini as a back up (uses another EFB product) instead of all the paper needed for secondary backup. I believe IFP is iPad specific so not sure how that would work. Do you have a process for allowing me to have two iPads running IFP so I could switch in mid-flight in case my primary went down?

Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

8/10/2017
Hi Dave,

Yes, the same login credentials you maintain for your personal account will work on a backup iPad. Simply login to iFlightPlanner on the backup iPad and sync before you depart. Should your primary iPad fail, you'll be able to use the backup with all the same flight information.

Also, iFlightPlanner for iPhone is currently in development and will have all the digital charting and GPS location capabilities as our iPad app. Stay tuned!

Thanks for your continued support!

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
+1 link
Jwayneball
Jwayneball

8/15/2017
Great news about IFP for the iPhone
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

8/15/2017
Thanks! We're excited about iFlightPlanner for iPhone also. You can be sure we'll make a big announcement as soon as it's available!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link