Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

How does IMC Club Proficiency work? Messages in this topic - RSS

VinceN
VinceN

11/25/2017
I've done a few instrument approaches which seems to be part of it but I can't tell what it wants for additional items and I can't seem to find any information on it on the site other than the link which goes to the EAA website.
+1 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

11/27/2017
Thanks for your message! The pilot currency and IMC Club Proficiency statuses at www.iFlightPlanner.com/My are driven by the data saved in your Flight List & Logbook at www.iFlightPlanner.com/My/Flights. After flying a flight, be sure to log the data in your logbook using the "Close & Log" function in iFlightPlanner for iPad or in your Flight List & Logbook - it's the booklet icon with the green arrow.

Please let us know that got you in the right spot!

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
+1 link
VinceN
VinceN

11/30/2017
Hey Andy,

I still don't understand. I've added multiple IFR approaches but it's still only showing a single entry. My IFR Approaches is showing as (Current) is there other data here it is looking for?
+1 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

12/1/2017
The EAA's IMC Club's definition of "proficiency" is one instrument approach flown every month for 6 consecutive months... while the FAA recognizes currency as 6 approaches flown in the last 6 months, regardless of when they happen.

Have you entered one approach for each of the last 6 months?

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
iFlightPlanner
+1 link
VinceN
VinceN

12/2/2017
Andy,

No. I just started using the program recently and have not entered any backlogged flights.

So if I understand correctly, if I did NOT back-fill my flights it should show green once I have flown an INST approach for 6 consecutive months?
+1 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

12/2/2017
Yes, you are correct...

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
iFlightPlanner
+1 link