Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

iFlightPlanner

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Fuel Calc for reserve and out odd Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

11/3/2018
Planning a Flight KRYY to KLOU. Loaded 26 gal fuel in W&B. Planner indicates fuel burn will be 26.6. Obviously not enough however Orange bar (reserve limit) on map and Red bar on map (out of fuel) have me with plenty. Fuel burn amount in aircraft section is set at 14GPH. See attached images of map and nav log. What am I missing besides fuel?

Dave

0 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

11/4/2018
Thanks for your message, Dave... the orange (Reserve) and red (empty) lines are set in your aircraft profile at https://www.iFlightPlanner.com/My/Aircraft in the "Performance Profiles" section. Those numbers are not currently tied to the fuel loaded in the Weight & Balance calculator, but this is something we can definitely look at!

Andy

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

11/5/2018
Dave,

Further following up on this, the red line will correspond to the fuel capacity for you've set in the aircraft profile. So, if you've set the aircraft fuel capacity to 26 gal. and the nav log calls for 26.6 gal of fuel burn, the red line should be just short of the destination.

The orange line will represent the fuel capacity minus the reserve fuel set for the flight. The default reserve fuel for the aircraft may be set in the aircraft profile also, then modified on a per flight basis.

I can't see the tail number in these screenshots, but if you can share the tail number you're using, we'd be happy to look at the aircraft profile to see if anything looks problematic!

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link