Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software
Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

iFlightPlanner

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Selecting Arrivals from a list in Planner Messages in this topic - RSS

redglass98
redglass98

3/30/2019
I see that on the route planning section (IFP.com) that you can select low Alt airways with SIDS and STARS. However when I plan a route KSAV -KRYY and pick this route aid is says no SIDS and No STARS in the drops down boxes but KRYY has lots of arrivals in the Docs and Freqs section. What am I doing wrong?

Dave

--
Dave
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

4/1/2019
Hi Dave,

KSAV does not have any SIDs listed in the official FAA data we load every 28 days, so that is correct. When choosing KRYY as the destination, you should see a number of STARs, however. We have tested a few different approaches to enter the FROM and TO fields, and the STARs are consistently available when the routing type is changed to Low Altitude Airways with SID/STARs.

Can you share any additional info about how you are entering the FROM, TO, and ROUTE that could help us reproduce and debug the issue?

Thanks!
edited by John Burnside on 4/1/2019

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

4/1/2019
One quick other follow up: there can be an issue generating the routing when you select a base STAR, rather than the STAR with a transition, with "Low Altitude Airways with SID/STAR" routing type.

For example, WRGNZ.WRGNZ1 is a base STAR and WRGNZ doesn't connect directly to an airway, so the Low Altitude Airways routing type doesn't know how to route to it. As a result, we will generate a direct a direct route and show an error message. In that case, select the WRGNZ1 arrival, but with a transition point, such as MMMOE.WRGNZ1.
edited by John Burnside on 4/1/2019

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
+1 link