Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

Forum

HomeTech Support

Post technical support questions for the iFlightPlanner Crew to answer. We always want to know if our members are experiencing any issues.

Flight Planning WITHOUT an aircraft selected Messages in this topic - RSS

Kronster
Kronster

1/11/2017
I would like to discuss different airports and distances with a student for cross countries... but the application for the IPAD keeps prompting me to select an aircraft. Can't I just selected a starting airport and selected waypoints and get the true courses and distances without that? That is all I need! Please help!
0 link
John Burnside
John Burnside

1/11/2017
Thanks for your post! iFlightPlanner for iPad does require an aircraft to plan a flight. Fortunately, it's very easy to add an aircraft to your account. Simply head to the following link and walk through the short process once. You can skip through the Weight & Balance and ICAO sections as it doesn't sound like you'll be using those features.

https://www.iFlightPlanner.com/My/Aircraft/Wizard.aspx

Once you've added an aircraft to your account, tap "Sync" at the top of the Home, Aircraft or Flights tabs in iFlightPlanner for iPad and you'll be all set.

Also, you may always use our free Aviation Charts page for quick distance and course planning!
edited by John Burnside on 1/11/2017

--
John Burnside
Co-Founder, Director of Technology
iFlightPlanner.com
0 link
Kronster
Kronster

1/18/2017
perfect... the aviation charts page works perfect for my needs!
0 link
Kronster
Kronster

1/18/2017
how do I get this aviation charts page to work on the IPAD application? that is what I need on the APP?
0 link
Andy Matthews
Andy Matthews

1/18/2017
Tanks for the feedback! The free Aviation Charts page and our detailed Flight Wizard, while similar, are separate planning interfaces.

The Planner in iFlightPlanner for iPad is an in-app version of the Flight Wizard, and I absolutely see how more basic planning features (perhaps without an aircraft) would be helpful in the app. In the meantime, I suggest creating a generic aircraft profile so that the app will behave more like the Aviation Charts.

All new features and enhancements are rooted in member feedback and we'll be sure to consider this as we review the next version for the App Store! Please let us know if you have any questions along the way.

Best,
Andy
edited by Andy Matthews on 1/18/2017

--
Andy Matthews
Co-Founder, Director of Business Development
iFlightPlanner
0 link